Swift playground for mac :
Apple released swift playground for MacOS
Catalina. It is available for both iPad and MacOS and an easy to use interactive app for swift beginners.
I have just downloaded the app. Tried it only for an hour and it is … in one word..
What it does ?
It is an application that teach you how to code (
swift). It provides different lessons to boost your knowledge on swift.
Each program is like a game, you will write code to play the game :
Main features :
- It shows the code line as it runs. Makes it easier for beginners to learn.
- You can use your own photos and images in the program.
- You can create your own unique playground.
- You can try different ideas by duplicating playgrounds.
- Code suggestion and help guide.
- Drag drop code snippets.
- Latest swift code tutorials.
- Bluetooth APIs to control any external devices like robots.
- SpiritKit and SwiftUI.
- Share your projects.
- Sync playground projects on Mac and iPad.
Overall, I love this app. Apple is really doing
something to teach people how to code
swift. The only thing that I am disappointed that it is available only for
Apple devices and only for MacOS
Catalina. I haven’t tried it on iPad (My iPad is on iOS 9 :( ) but still it is a new way to attract people to learn how to code.